Updated: Nov 30, 2020
What I love about quesadillas is the endless options for flavours. You can make them as simple as you like (we often just have ham and cheese!), or super fancy!
- Tortilla Wraps (2 for each tortilla)
- Grated cheese (we use cheddar)
- Fillings (for example, ham, chicken, spinach, kidney beans, roasted sweet potato, mushrooms, pulled pork, avocado, chorizo, black beans, chillis, peppers... the options are endless!)
1. Get your ingredients ready - the quantities depend on how many you're making and who they are for. My kids will generally have one quesadilla (made with two tortilla wraps), and adults will have two or three!
You could prep lots of different ingredients and put them out on the table so that everyone can make their own!
2. Make your quesadillas by sprinkling cheese onto the tortilla wrap, then load it with your fillings of choice, a little more cheese and then sandwich it all in with another wrap.
3. (Ask an adult to) place a large frying pan (or two!) on a low heat. Cook each quesadilla on both sides until the cheese is melted and the filling if fully heated through. Don't been tempted to turn the heat up as you'll end up with a burnt tortilla and cold filling!