Ingredients (serves 2)
1 x @Birdseyeuk Southern Fried Chicken Breast (or Green Cuisine Chicken-Free)
1 x Medium Sweet Potato
Salt & Pepper
1 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
2 Handfuls of Baby Spinach
2 Handfuls of Cherry Tomatoes (at room temp)
Knob of Butter (about 15g)
1 Red Onion
1 tsp Ground Cumin
100g @Birdseyeuk Frozen Sweetcorn
100g Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
¼ tsp Sugar
4 tbsp Water
1 Bag @Birdseyeuk Mediterranean Rice
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Give the sweet potato a scrub, cut off any knobbly bits and then dice into roughly 1cm cubes. Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Put the sweet potato onto a baking tray, and spread it out, along with the southern fried chicken fillet (or green cuisine chicken-free fillet).
4. Whilst the sweet potato and chicken are cooking (25 mins), put the rest of the dish together...
5. Make the dressing by mixing together to sweet chilli, oil and lime juice. Set aside.
6. Wash and dry the spinach and split between two bowls. Any excess can be frozen in a freezer bag and used in smoothies, or cooked dishes such as curry or stews.
7. Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut into quarters then split between the two bowls. Any excess can be frozen open on a lined tray before moving to a freezer bag. These can then be used from frozen in cooked dishes requiring fresh or tinned tomatoes.
8. Make the sweetcorn: Dice the onion and fry in the butter. Once softened remove half (which will be used for the beans) then add the sweetcorn and ½ tsp cumin and cook for a few minutes until piping hot. Set aside in a bowl.
9. Make the beans: Use the same pan as you used for the sweetcorn to make the beans. Add the cooked onion back into the pan with the drained beans, water, sugar, salt, pepper, cumin and the juice fro