(Leftovers can't be frozen for this one!)
Thanks goes to @jamieoliver for tonight’s dinner! .
I don’t know about you, but I have been full on binging on his Keep Cooking and Carry On series the last few days. .
It is so wonderful to see a chef sharing how we can use what we’ve got to make something really tasty, and I love that he explains how to switch things up if we don’t have the exact ingredient we need to hand. .
This particular recipe is from his website rather than the show, and I had to get a bit creative with the ingredients, but hey, that’s what it’s all about right?! .
So full credit to Jamie for the original, but here’s my Full Freezer version for anyone that wants to try it!
Freezer (you can use fresh if you have them!)
- 1 handful frozen spring onions
- 1 tbsp frozen sliced chilli (I used red and green)
- 1/2 frozen lime (defrosted)
- 1 handful carrot frozen in strips
- 2 handfuls frozen broccoli (pre-chopped)
- 2 handfuls frozen roast chicken
- 1/2 handful frozen pine nuts - oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp lazy garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 packs straight to wok rice noodles (if yours aren’t straight to wok, then cook your noodles before cooking anything else)
1. Heat a little oil in a small pan and quickly toast the pine nuts, then set aside.
2. Get your ingredients out ready - this is going to move quickly!
NOTE: Ideally, use a wok for this, but if you don’t (like me!) then just keep the food moving in the pan to stop it sticking.
3. Put the broccoli, carrot and chicken in the pan (all frozen) and cook for a minute or two.
4. Add the spring onions, chilli, spices and noodles, then pour in the soy and fish sauce (you can add a touch more to taste if desired) and squeeze in the lime juice.
5. Top with the toasted pine nuts and tuck in! .
So so simple, quick, really tasty and actually pretty darn healthy! We will most definitely be having this again ❤️